A Game Company is a game developer that specializes in sports games, they currently offer 3 different sports games. The Game Company had a global user base so they needed infrastructure set up so it could cover the entire globe. They needed a system that could scale as usage and users increased along with a shared drive space without managing the underlying servers.
- In order to accommodate the global requests from users, Game Company and Bespin provisioned Compute Engine Virtual Machines across the globe.
- GCP’s Global Load Balancing was designed in order to balance the load globally and respond to user’s requests.
- GCP’s Auto Scaling was set up to scale the resources and Virtual machines based on the incoming demand.i
- Google Workspace was used for storing files in a drive and improve work efficiency.
Results and Value:
- Infrastructure is now sustained using minimal management overhead. The use of the cloud allowed the company to focus their time on other areas of development.
- Using Google workspace allowed for increased productivity, efficiency, and collaboration between teams.
- The use of GCP allowed the game company to successfully provision their game environment to adhere to a Global audience.